Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pinterest...Oh, what can I say?!

OK so during last week's blog spying I read several posts that mentioned www.pinterest.com and I had to check it out.  Set a timer people!  You must have a reminder to find your way out of this wonderful site!  The pictures and ideas are so much fun to see and FUNNY! 

Anywho...I found this idea there (it looked much cooler on their picture but I THINK I like what I came up with.)


This is a fun project!  I hot glued crayons in rainbow-ish order onto the side of a display board then propped an artboard directly under the crayons.  Next I heated the crayons with the heat tool. 
The crayons melt down the canvas and create a cool water-like effect.  (When I try again I will peel the crayons first...the pinterest person said to do that but I was lazy.) :)
I put the Fleur de Lis (sp?) on before AND after the crayon.  Meaning I placed them on the canvas before I melted the crayon then layered another black set on the top of the crayon, finally I added the white smaller cardstock pieces on top.  I would suggest that you ink the edges of the dark cardstock in White Daisy or Vanilla Cream Ink and the white in your favorite color for more definition.  I worked on this in the middle of the night and was really cutting corners! 

Here are the pix of the process:


To do this project you will need:
Canvas or Art Board
Crayons of your choice
Hot glue and Hot Glue gun
box or display board
Images from Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
Inks to match your project
Liquid Glass (Or other permanent liquid glue)
Heat Tool
Frame

Hope you find this inspiring.  Have fun with crayons!

No comments:

Post a Comment